LAZY SHADE OF WINTER

LAZY SHADE OF WINTER




You know The Most Epic Sta Fitness Challenge Ever has started when even I roll into work in a pair of Stella tights and plakkies... But honestly, when one is trying to both combat winter chills and beat one’s teammates in the early-morning-endorphin sweepstakes, what’s a girl to do?
When I first joined
Women’s Health a few years back, I landed at my desk just a few weeks shy of the start date of the fitness challenge. And I chose Pilates. It sounded suitably quiet and restrained. I had told my team that I hit my Joburg gym every morning, but what I didn’t tell them was that I wasn’t exactly straining myself. I knew I wasn’t up for a killer strength or cardio challenge. Little did
I know I wasn’t really ready for Pilates either. Even a side plank was near impossible for my puny wrists and lazy-ass core. Safe to say, we’ve come a long way, baby... That same year, lots of the team just said no to the challenge and of those who said yes, a few dropped out midstream. Fast-forward to
2018 and the #WHGetsFit fitness challenge is much anticipated! For lots of reasons, but mostly because it’s fun – there, I said it – and that’s the only way to make fitness a part of
your weekly routine.
Frankly, all of us – and all of you – are too busy, time-starved and work-stressed to waste energy on stu that’s unfulfilling. Here at WH HQ, we buddy up for workouts, we push and encourage each other, we compete, we take a lot of dodgy sweaty selfies in the brutal early mornings and we send waaay too many eye-rolly gifs when we try to duck
  out of a class. Plus, we get to power our way
through winter without any of the Instapatronising “summer bodies are made in winter” bollocks.
This year, I decided to take up trail running for my challenge – if you hear “Hazy
Shade Of Winter” echoing o the mountain, it’s me. But, at the same time, our #fitfam over at S.W.E.A.T. 1000 convinced me that my Trail Run Lite could only benefit from
S.W.E.A.T. classes too, so I’ve thrown those into the mix. The good news is that there’s still some time left over for wine drinking– something I am really good at – so the major endorphin boost won’t go to waste!

Join us by following @sahrkmag  and grab a class with us or share your progress – we’d
love to hear from you. And if you need further encouragement, look out for the launch of the
WH Secret Sweat series. We’ll be throwing pop-up fitness parties in dierent cities – the
first one is on 9 June and we cannot wait! Plus, there’s Fit Night Out Durban to look forward to on 7 July too!

  

Post a Comment

0 Comments